This triple fudgy chocolate chip cookies recipe is another amazing recipe from Gemma’s Stafford new baking book “Bigger, Bolder Baking”. These beautiful cookies may appear crusty on the outside but their true beauty comes from the inside with a dense, rich fudge like bite.
I don’t know much about politics or can describe what it is that leaders of the world are actually doing on a daily basis. If I had to guess I would say it’s mostly keeping scores and shot some threats at each other.
But I have this theory that they are doing it all wrong and that the answer is so clear and close they keep missing it.
Well, leaders of the world, listen carefully! Next time you assemble in a large room in an attempt to unite our nations bring a batch of your favorite cookies and let that be the subject.
Seriously though, have you ever heard of a bad disagreement over a cookie…?
I have never witnessed someone storming out of a room due to over chewiness of a cookie. Quite the opposite, it actually led to nostalgic discussions and formed lifetime friendships.
So if the “Army marches on its stomach” the army should put down its weapons and grab a cookie with a tall glass of milk!
And this theory is what led me to believe that we can all use another delicious, soft, chocolate loaded triple chocolate chip cookies. I mean, our world could always use more love, books, Pearl Jam music and chocolate chip cookies recipes!
Now Let’s Talk About This Triple Fudgy Chocolate Chip Cookies:
- You can add any type of chocolate chips to the batter. However, make sure you use bittersweet chocolate for melting. (min 56% cocoa butter).
- When removing the cookies out of the oven they will appear puffy. As the cookies cool down, they will puff down and get their beautiful texture.
- Allow the cookies to set for a few minutes before transferring to the cooling rack.
- The number of cookies yield depends on the size of the cookie scoop. I used a 2″ cookie scoop and ended up baking 24 cookies.
Here are some more recipes you might enjoy:
One more thing…
Don’t forget to tag @OneSarcasticBaker on Instagram if you bake this recipe. Would love to see your creations!
Triple Chocolate Chip
- 1 Cup Chopped bittersweet chocolate (170 g / 6 oz)`
- 3/4 Cup Unsaleted butter, soften (1 1/2 sticks) (170 g / 6 oz)
- 3/4 Cup Sugar (170 g / 6 oz)
- 2/3 Cup Dark Brown Sugar (115 g / 4 oz)
- 1 TBS Molasses
- 3 Large Eggs
- 2 Cups All Porpuse Flour (284 g / 10 oz)
- 1/2 Cup Unsweetened Cocoa Powder (57 g / 2 oz)
- 1 tsp Baking Soda
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 1/2 Cups Milk chcocolate chips (255 g / 9 oz)
Preheat oven to 350F and line two cookie sheets with parchment papaer.
Melt the bittersweet chocolate and set a side to cool for about 10 minutes.
In a large bowl / a bowl of a standing mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, beat the butter and sugars until fluffy and light in color.
Reduce speed to low and slowly drizle in the molasses and melted chocolate.
Add the eggs one at a time and mix to fully incoporate.
Sift together the flour, cocoa powder baking soda and salt into the bowl and mix until the dough comes together.
Fold in the milk chocolate chip.
Using a small or medium cookie spoon scoop the batter and place on the pan leacing 2" space between each cookies.
Bake for 8-10 minutes remove from over and let sit for few minutes before removing from pan.