You guys, I wrote a cookbook!
2021 has been very busy here at One Sarcastic Baker’s test kitchen. I spent most of the year researching, experimenting, and writing recipes that will explore and bring light to the magical world of BAKING SCIENCE.
What is the book about?
As we all know, baking is a very complex and delicate process and even the slightest change in the recipe or the wrong ingredient can echo into an epic disaster.
The book explores and dives deep into the process of baking and everything that it includes: ingredients, temperature, mixing process, ratios, chemical reactions, and more.
There are 45 recipes to showcase every single scientific element it covers, and the goal is to give you, the reader, a clear picture and a full understanding of this process and to allow you to bake with confidence, troubleshoot a recipe and even create your very own.
The book covers with detailed explanations and illustrations different scientific toppings such as:
- Baking ingridietns,their importance and rule in baking, how to choose (or replace with) the perfect ingridietns to your process.
- Emulsifications, what it is, how it works and why it is so important to the baking process.
- Leaveners in baking why, how and how much.
- Caramelization and browning, and the difference between the two.
- Ratios and mixing method, and how to tailor it to your own desires.
Available for Preorder NOW
Want a Sneak Peek?
About the Author
My name is Dikla better known as Dee. I am the founder of One Sarcastic Baker and a Baking Science addict.
I am so happy that you stopped by and I would like to welcome you to my little humble world of baking. A world that is made of sweet, delicious, and fun recipes, sometimes simple, sometimes a bit complex but always full of love and passion.
Here we will explore, experiment, and explain the remarkable universe of baking science but with no equations…promise! (well, at least for now).
So grab an apron, or a pen and a piece of paper and join the fun!