This soft, moist and flavorful no mixer maple pound cake requires just a bowl and one short hour to fill up your house with sweet maple aroma.
Yesterday, Emily announced that Yia-Yia (Grandmother in Greek) is her favorite person.
I saw a hint of guilt in her eyes but I reassured her it’s ok. Of Course, The man she refers as “Daddy”, was the happiest of them all (not sure if it’s the second place he got or the fact that his mom got first place?)
Little do they know that they, too fill the third and fourth place on some occasions.
Right after Ms. Sandra (AKA “House Keeper”) and Mrs. Ellyn (AKA “the best babysitter”). Feel free to judge because these ladies sure do not. Not when my house really needs a cleanup or when I am out for a run even though the baby needs a diaper change. In fact, they will be more than happy to do both. AND With a smile and sometimes holding a Starbucks coffee in hand for yours truly.
So to keep this circle of love rolling, I always make sure to treat these amazing ladies with some homemade love.
Like this No Mixer Maple Pound Cake. One bowl, one pan and in one hour I get countless smiles from the ones I love!
This AMAZING recipe was handed over to me about a decade a go from my Aunt, but it is TIMELESS!
No, Let’s talk about this No Mixer Maple Pound cake:
- Use soft butter to grease the pan! When using oil spray, once you pour in the batter, the majority of the oil is pushed to the sides and you end up with a cake stuck to the pan. (totally edible thou)
- You can bake this cake in a tube pan, any Nordic pan or 2 8″/3.5″ loaf pans. Just make sure you pour the maple syrup while the cake is still hot and in the pan/s For a fluffier cake, mix the eggs and sugar first with an electric mixer and follow the recipe as is.
- It is very important NOT to over mix the batter. once you added the dry ingredients stir just to combine. Most likely you will notice some lumps, it is OK.
One more thing…
Don’t forget to tag @OneSarcasticBaker on Instagram if you bake this recipe. Would love to see your creations!
Here are some more cookies recipe you might enjoy:
No Mixer Maple Pound Cake
- 6 Large Eggs, at room temperature
- 2 Cups Sugar ( 400 g / 14 oz)
- 1 TBS Vanilla Extract
- 1 3/4 Cup Sour cream, full fat (400 ml)
- 1 Cup Vegetable oil
- 3 1/3 Cups All Purpose Flour ( 400 g / 15 oz)
- 3 tsp Baking powder
- 1 Cup Maple Syrup
Pre heat oven to 340 F. And grease a 10 cup Bundt cake pan
Pour the sugar into a big mixing bowl, add the eggs and mix to combine.
Sift the flour and baking powder and mix just combine. (might be a bit lumpy, it’s ok)
Add the oil and sour cream, followed by the dry ingredients, mix just to combine. (some lumps are ok)
Pour batter into the pan and place in the oven and bake 50-55 minutes or until a skewer/cake tester comes out clean.
Immediately after taking the cake out of the oven, pour the maple syrup on the hot cake and let cool.