These Triple Chocolate Caramel Thumbprint Cookies are and ultra chocolaty cookies loaded with chocolate chips and filled with smooth caramel.
Sometimes reality just sneaks up on you and you have to just roll with it and improvise. Just like this cookies season. I was so cutup with working on some recipes (like THIS, and THIS), it completely slipped my mind that I need to get some cookies boxes ready.
This recipe was the perfect solution to my problem. Easy, fast and so so delicious.
About The Recipe:
- This recipe was adopted from Taste Of Home Magazine.
- You can add to the dough 1/2 cup of chopped pecans or Hazelnuts.
- I used Nestle Dulch De Leche but you can use any other brand for Dulche De Leche or caramel.
- Make sure not to over fill the cavities or the Caramel will overflow.
- It is important to smooth the sides cookie after adding the Caramel to avoid it from going thro any opening.
- The cookie is ready when the caramel STARTS to bubble. Baking it longer will result in a flat unattractive filling.
One more thing…
Don’t forget to tag @OneSarcasticBaker on Instagram if you bake this recipe. Would love to see you creations!
Here are some more cookies recipe you might enjoy:
Triple Chocolate Caramel Thumbprint Cookies
- 3 Sticks Unsalted Butter, soft (340 g / 12 oz)
- 1 Cup Sugar (200 g / 7 oz)
- 1 Large Egg
- 1 tsp Van. Extract
- 3 Cups AP Flour (360 g / 13 oz)
- 1/2 Cup Cocoa Powder (50 g / 2 oz)
- 1 Pgk Semisweet mini chocolate chips (336 g / 12 oz)
- 1 Cup Cup Dulche De Leche
- 1/2 Cup Semi Sweet chocolate chips, melted
Preheat oven to 350F and line 3 cookie sheets with parchment paper. Set aside.
In a bowl of a standing mixer, place the butter and sugar and mix until light and fluffy.
Add the egg and vanilla following the flour and cocoa powder. Mix in the chocolate chips. (and nuts if using)
Divide the dough into thirty 1″ balls and make an indentation in the center of each cookie (you can use the end of a wooden spoon or your thumb). Fill it with 1/2 tsp of Dulche De Leche and bake for 12-14 minutes. Just until the Dulche De Leche starts to bubble.
Remove from oven and allow to cool completely.
Using a small spoon drizzle the cookies with melted chocolate chips.