Last updated on December 2nd, 2021.
Ok guys, it is time to take out your recipe book and add this one to your holiday recipe collection.
Not only it is delicious but yet simple, it is super easy, fast and its ingredients are the make of holiday traditions. The cookie stores well and is sturdy enough to be packaged and shipped during the holiday season.
About The Recipe:
- If you choice to avoid the brandy, use the alternative specify in the recipe.
- For best shaped cookies, use a cookie scoop (I recommend this one).
- After scooping the cookies place in the refrigerator for 1 hour or over night.
- To make this cookie kids friendly, use the alcohol alternatives and replace the candied ginger with chocolate chips.
Brandied Cranberry Drops
Drop cookies loaded with Cranberry soaked in brandy
- 1/2 Cup Dried Cranberries (60 g / 2 oz)
- 1 TBS Brandy or Orange Juice
- 1 Stick Unsalted Butter, soften (113 g / 4 oz)
- 1/2 Cup Vegetable Shortening (100 g / 3.5 oz)
- 1 Cup Sugar (100 g / 3.5 oz)
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 1 Large Egg
- 1 tsp Vanilla extract
- 2 1/4 Cups AP Flour (270 g / 9.5 oz)
- 2 TBS Candied Ginger, finely chopped
- 1 1/2 Cup Powdered Sugar (187.5 g / 6.5 oz)
- 2 TBS Brandy Or Milk
- 1/4 tsb Vanilla extract
Preheat oven to 375F. Line 2 cookie sheets with parchment paper.
In a small bowl combine the cranberries and brandy together, mix to distribute the brandy let stand.
In a bowl of a standing mixer fitted with the paddle attachment and on medium speed, beat the butter shortening and sugar for about 30 seconds.
Add baking powder and salt mix to combine and scrap the sides of the bowl.
Add the egg and vanilla mix to combine and add the flour.
Stir in the cranberries and ginger.
Using a medium cookie scoop, drop the dough on the prepared cookie sheet 2" apart.
Bake for 8-12 minutes or until top and sides are golden. Remove from the oven and wait 10 minutes before placing cookies on a cookie rack
One the cookies have completely cooled, mix all the icing ingredients in a medium bowl and stir until smooth.
Using a spoon, drizzle the cookie with the icing.