I kid you not, this is a 5 minutes scones recipe. Add 20 minutes for baking and you have fresh, soft and fluffy scones just in time for your morning coffee.
Let’s face it. We want to have it all. All the love, all the health, all the success and all the credit. And dam it if we don’t deserve it! We also want some home made, fresh and comforting baked love we can enjoy when ever we desire.
Unfortunately the one thing we are all lucking is time, but fortunately the one thing we have mastered is making the most of it.
So for all of you boss ladies who apply make up, answer emails and schedule doc appointments while waiting for the red light to change, this one is for you.
This recipe requires simple ingredients, a bowl and a spoon. Bake it while you put on your Super Hero cape and enjoy it with your coffee. AND YES! TAKE ALL THE CREDIT!
Now Lets Talk About This 5 Minutes Scones:
- The recipe calls for Almond and lemon extract, but you can choose you flavors.
- Do not over mix the scones are crispy and soft, over mixing/kneading the dough will make the dough chewy.
- Before slicing the disks into scones, spray the knife/bread scraper with some oil spray to avoid the dough from sticking to the knife.
- Go crazy and add some chocolate chips/ blueberries (or any berries) for some extra flavor and texture. (2/3 cup)
- You can substitute the cream with milk but please keep in mind that the high fat content in the cream contributes to the soft texture of the scones.
Here are some more recipes you might enjoy:
One more thing…
Don’t forget to tag @OneSarcasticBaker on Instagram if you bake this recipe. Would love to see your creations!
5 minutes Scones
For the Scones
- 2 3/4 Cups AP Flour (360 g / 13 oz)
- 1/4 Cup Sugar (50 g / 2 oz)
- 1 TBS Baking Powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 2/3 Cups Heavy Cream (400 ml)
- 2 tsp Almond Extract (or your choice of flavoring)
For The Glaze
- 1 Cup Powdered Sugar (120 g / 4 1/4 oz)
- 1-2 TBS Milk
- 3/4 tsp Lemon Extract
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 3 TBS Sliced Almonds
Preheat oven to 400F and place a rack in the center of the oven. Line baking sheet with parchment paper, set a side.
In a large bowl, place the flour, baking powder, sugar and salt and drizzle in the cream and extract.
Using a wooden spoon, mix the ingredients together until all the flour is hydrated.
Place the dough on a lightly floured surface and gently knead it with you hand a few times. Just until the dough comes together.
Divind the dough into two, and shape each part into 4”-6” sized disk (depending on the desize size.)
Cut each disk into 4, 6 or 8 pieces and brush with some heavy cream.
Bake for 20-25 minutes. If time permits, allow to cool before glazing.
When ready to glaze, mix the glaze ingredients together until smooth and drizzle the scones. Sprinkle with sliced almonds.