Here’s a short tale about the time I baked these Poop Emoji CupCakes.
You know how they say “It takes a village to raise a child”?
In the suburbs, miles and miles away from the village, it takes lots and lots of “Enrichment Activities” to raise a child. As a result, a new title is giving to the parents: “Soccer Mom”, “Dance Mom”,” Coach Daddy”.
I am a “Martial Arts Mom” or “Tae Kwon Do” Mom. I LOVE the school Emily trains at. Owns and runs by three amazing masters!
These guys are A to the W to the E to the S to the O to the M to the E:
Not only they teach the students how to kick, punch, flip and stand up to bullies. They give kids great values, and to be honest? they make my life so much easier.
A student knows better than to come to class unprepared or with an attitude.? Talent is welcome but will be kicked out the front door,? if it’s not accompanied with respect, kindness and hard work. They WILL call he or her up out on that!
Close to three years, three times a week and Emily received her black belt ? ? ?(recommended…the first-degree one will take some more work). The family could not be more proud! Per Emily’s request, I baked these poop emoji cupcakes to show our appreciation.
My Kindergartner made her own card that said:
“ To the best titchers,
Ningas are cool that mins you too,
I love you, Emily”
I added a card saying how proud I am of Emily and humbled by this important milestone. On the cupcake box I added a post-it note that says:
“By now Emily know this is the only way she can give you any crap….” ?
The recipe below is for a very dense and chocolaty cupcake, you can use which ever recipe you wish.
Click this link to see how I decorated the cupcakes.
Chocolate Poop Emoji Cupcakes with Chocolate Frosting
- 1 1/4 cup Unsweetened Cocoa Powder (4 oz/ 113 g)
- 1 Cup Boiling Water (240 ml)
- 1 Cup Cake Flour (4 oz / 120 g)
- 1 1/4 Cup All Purpose Flour (5.5 oz/ 155 g)
- 1 1/2 Cup Dark Brown Sugar (10.5 oz/ 300 g)
- 1 tsp Baking Soda
- 1/2 tsp Kosher Salt
- 1 Cup Vegetable Oil (7 oz/ 200 g)
- 2 Eggs Large, room temperature
- 2 Egg Yolks Room temperature
- 1/2 Cup + 1 TBSP Full Fat Sour Cream (4.5 oz/ 125 g)
- 1 Cup Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips (6oz/ 170 g)
- 2 1/2 Sticks Soft Butter (10 oz/ 280 g)
- 2 Tbsp Mayonnaise
- 4 Cups Powdered Sugar (16 oz/ 453 g)
Preheat oven to 325F. Place 24 cupcakes cups into cupcake pans.
In a bowl add the cocoa powder and boiling water, mix to combine, set a side.
In a bowl of an eclectic mixer add the Flours, sugar, baking soda and salt.
Add the vegetable oil, eggs, eggs yolks and sour cream into the cocoa and water mixer and mix to combine.
With the paddle, attachment on medium speed add the cocoa mixture into the flour mixture and mix into a smooth batter 30-40 seconds.
Fill the cupcakes cup about 3/4 full and bake for 20-25 minutes or just until a tooth pick comes out clean from the center.
Melt the chocolate chips.
With the paddle attachment beat the butter and mayonnaise on high for 3-4 minutes or until fluffy
Reduce speed to low and add the melted chocolate. Mix to combine.
Add the powdered sugar in 3 additions once you added the last part of the sugar wait until it is combined and return the speed to high.Mix for about 3 minutes until the frosting is light colored and fluffy.
Once the cupcakes have completely cooled, fill a piping bag with the frosting, Using a wide circle tip (Wilton #12) place the piping bag above the center of the cupcake.Pipe the bottom circle toward the edges of the cupcakes and then towards the center and the top in smaller circles.
The Mayonnaise in the frosting will help the frosting stay soft. If you plan to keep the cupcakes out for more than 4 hours skip the Mayonnaise.
When piping the frosting for best results:
- Use only a coupler with out a tip.Make sure the coupler does not have notches. (I use Ateco brand)
- Hold the piping bag about 1/4" above the cupcake in 90 degree angle.
- Make sure the frosting does not touch the tip (keep moving the bag side and up) .
- Move the piping bag with your arm and not your wrist.
- Once you reach the top narrow circle stop pressing the bag and just lift the tip by that you will create a sharp tip.