Pumpkin Donuts with Cookie Butter are a delicious and surprisingly easy fall treat you can enjoy in just one hour.
Cookie Butter is the next best thing after chocolate. What’s even better is that once warmed it can be drizzled or dipped into just like chocolate ganache. How awesome is that?
These little beauties should come with a warning. Firstly, they are really really good, like I’m not gonna share good. Secondly the cookie butter is so smooth and sticky you will most likely not keep you manners. In other words, you will make pretty annoying noises as you eat those.
Now Let’s Talk About This Pumpkin Donuts Recipe:
- There is no need for a standing mixer for this recipe, just a large bowl and a large spoon.
- After adding the dry ingredients, mix just to combine. You might notice some small lumps, which are ok. Very important not to over mix.
- The recipe yields 12-15 donuts. You can bake in two batches or use a mini donuts pan for the extra batter.
- Unlike chocolate, the cookie butter does not harden when cooled. Therefore it is best not to pile the donuts.
- Few options to top the donuts are crushed Cookies, candied pecans or even candied pumpkin seeds.
Here are some more fun recipes you might enjoy:
One more thing…
Don’t forget to tag @OneSarcasticBaker on Instagram if you bake this recipe. Would love to see your creations!
Pumpkin Cookie Butter Baked Donuts
- 1/2 Cup Vegetable Oil (100 g/ 3.5 oz)
- 3 Large Eggs, room teperature
- 1 1/2 Cups Sugar (300 g / 11 oz)
- 1 Cup Pumpkin Puree (240 g /8.5 oz)
- 1 1/2 tsp Pumpkin Pie Spice
- 1/2 tsp Ground Cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1 1/2 tsp Baking Powder
- 2 Cups AP Flour (240 g / 8.5 oz)
- 1 Cup Cookie Butter
Preheat oven to 350F, grease two standard donuts pans.
In a large bowl, place the oil,eggs, sugar and pumpkin puree and mix until smooth.
In a separte bowl sift the flour, baking powder and spices and mix to combine.
Add the flour mix to the pumpin mix and stir just to incoporate.
Fill the greased pans 3/4 full (about 1/4 cup) and bake for 15-18 minutes or until a tooth pick comes out clean.
Remove pans from the oven and allow 5-10 minutes to cool in the pan before loosening the edges and removing from the pan.
When the donuts have reached room temperature, warm the cookie butter in the microwave until smooth and liquid (about 45-60 seconds).
Deep the top side each donut in the warm cookie butter and gently shake to remove excess. Place on a cooking rack and sprinkle with pumpkin seeds.