Last updated on March 22nd, 2022.
This triple coconut cake is soft, tender an is all about the coconut flavor and texture.
Coconut is such a great fruit! it goes great with basically any flavor, sweet or savory. It can be sweet or spicy. You can drink it or eat it. And it has THE BEST smell!
One thing that I have noticed is that more often than not, it is doing all the work and getting pretty much non of the credit. For example, these Coconut Dulche De Leche cupcakes, these unbelievably delicious Coconut Banana Muffins.
This Coconut cake is 100% all about the coconut. With the help of three coconut products and a generous portion of vanilla paste, this cake manages to give the coconut all the glory it deserves.
Having said that, you can defiantly add some extra flavor to this cake with some lemon zest. Maybe raspberries or pineapple folded into the batter. Whatever you can imagine.
Now Lets Talk About This Triple Coconut Cake:
- I used two 8″ loaf cake, but you can go a head and use a bundt pan.
- Even thou this cake is not very sweet you can defiantly use 2 8″ round pans for a layer cake.
- Very important! please make sure all of the ingredients are at room temperature when you start baking.
- If you wish to bake Lemon Coconut cake, use 1/4 cup of fresh lemon juice (60 g / 2 oz). Then and reduce the amount of coconut milk by that amount.
Here are some more great recipes you might enjoy:
One more thing…
Don’t forget to tag @OneSarcasticBaker on Instagram if you bake this recipe. Would love to see your creations!
Triple Coconut Cake
Soft, tender and fluffy triple coconut cake. This cake is all about the coconut flavor and texture.
- 1 Stick Unsalted Butter, soften (113 g / 4 oz)
- 1/3 Cup Coconut Oil, solid at room temperature (85 g / 3 oz)
- 1 Cup Sugar (200 g / 7 oz)
- 4 Large Eggs
- 3 1/3 Cups AP Flour (400 g / 14 oz)
- 2 tsp Baking Powder
- 1/2 tsp Baking Soda
- 1/3 Cup Sour cream, full fat (100 g / 3.5 oz)
- 1 1/4 Cup Coconut milk, full fat (300 g / 10.5 oz)
- 1 TBS Vanilla paste (vanilla extract is ok)
- 1 Cup Unsweetened shredded coconut + 2 TBS to sprinkle on top (optional) (60 g / 2 oz)
Preheat oven to 350F and line two 8″x3″ loaf pans with parchment paper. Set aside
In a medium bowl, sift the flour, baking powder and baking soda. Stir to combine. Set aside.
In a large measuring cup, place the sour cream, coconut milk and vanilla paste and mix to combine. Set aside.
In a bowl of a standing mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, place the butter, coconut oil and sugar and beat on medium until you have a fluffy mix. 4-5 minutes.
Lower speed to low and add the eggs one at a time, waiting for each egg to fully incorporate before adding the second. Scrap the sides and bottom of the bowl occasionally.
With the mixer on low-medium, add the flour in three additions alternating with the liquid mix in two additions. Starting and finishing with the dry mix.
Once you added the last part of the flour, turn the mixer off and with a rubber spatula fold in the shredded coconut and any flour strikes.
Divide the batter between the two pans, sprinkle with extra shredded coconut and bake on the middle rack for 45-55 minutes are until a tooth pick comes our clean from the middle of the cake.